If you’re looking to make some extra cash, selling fashion jewelry online is a great way to do it.
From beginner sellers all the way up to seasoned professionals who have been in the game for years, everyone has their own tips for how you can make money at this.
While there’s no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to making money selling jewelry online, there are some general guidelines that apply across the board if you want your business to be successful and profitable. Here’s what they are:
1. Make a goal
You’ve probably heard this before, but if you want to make money, you need to set a goal.
A lot of people skip this step because they don’t know where to start or aren’t sure what their goals should be.
But if you’re new at something, it’s hard not to feel defeated when you look around and see everyone else seemingly doing better than yourself.
Instead of worrying about what other people are doing (and how much they’re making), focus on making your own plan—and sticking with it!
The first few months might seem slow as you build up your customer base and figure out the best strategies for making sales.
But once those strategies are in place and everything falls into place, that $10K could come around a lot faster than most people would expect.
2. Create a Plan
You don’t need to be a genius to make $10,000 a month selling fashion jewelry online. You just need a plan and an idea of how much time you’ll spend on each step.
To get started, try this exercise:
- Write down your goals for the next three months with regard to your business (e.g., launch website, create product line).
- Break those goals into smaller tasks (e.g., research hosting service for website; create logo for brand; work with designer on branding materials).
- Break down those tasks into even smaller ones (e.g., research hosting services; identify which companies offer Tumblr support). It’s fine if some of these steps overlap or seem redundant—this is just an exercise! Your final list might look something like this:
• Create logo/branding materials
• Hire designer
• Create social media accounts
• Design homepage layout
3. Start your business
Now that you have an idea of what it takes to make $10,000 a month selling fashion jewelry online, it’s time to start your business. The first step is to develop a plan:
- Keep in mind that it can take months—even years—before you make any money at all.
- Don’t quit your day job: Even if you do make money from your website, don’t expect to be able to quit your day job right away. It may take longer than expected for sales volumes to pick up and for the business itself to become sustainable. For example, my wife started her business in 2010 with no budget whatsoever (and very little knowledge), yet she still hasn’t been able to quit her job seven years later!
- Don’t expect overnight success: If someone tells you they made $10K in one week while working part-time hours on their own website… well… let’s just say this person is either lying or has been very lucky (and probably doesn’t know what they’re talking about).
4. Create a website
If you want to make money selling jewelry online, you’ll need a website. A website is the first thing people see when they search for your business online, so it’s crucial that yours looks professional and trustworthy.
You can create a basic site using WordPress, which is free and easy to learn (and even more importantly, has a user-friendly interface). To get started with WordPress:
- **Get a domain name for your site**—this will be the address that people type into their browsers to find your site. It should be short, memorable, and easy to spell; I’d recommend picking out 3 or 4 names before registering one so that you have options if none of them works out.
- **Get web hosting service**—this provides the space on the internet where everything related to your website lives (including any files uploaded by users). For hosting services I recommend HostGator because they offer great value at an affordable price point (as low as $3 per month!). You’ll also need an SSL certificate if you’re selling products there—I use Let’s Encrypt because it’s free!
5. Build an audience on social media
Social media is the way to go, so take this opportunity to build a presence on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Google+.
Create an Instagram account and a Snapchat account if they are relevant to what you’re selling.
These platforms allow you to share your product with your followers and have them spread the word for you by liking it or sharing it with their friends.
When people come to your website and see that you have a large following, they will be more inclined to buy from you because they know you have many real customers who love your products.
This will increase sales, which will in turn increase profits.
6. Form partnerships with other brands
It’s a good idea to form partnerships with other brands, especially those that are in the same industry as you. This means that both of your brands can earn money from each other without any extra work on either end. To find these opportunities, start by reaching out to other sellers through social media and email. You can also use Google Alerts or put out ads on sites like Find A Freelancer or Upwork so that people will pitch ideas for partnerships once they see how much money it could be making them.
Once you’ve found someone who wants to partner up with you, negotiate terms together based on what each company needs: maybe one wants more exposure and the other wants free shipping options? Negotiate until both parties feel comfortable with their arrangement and set up some agreements so that everyone knows what they’re getting themselves into before moving forward (here’s an example). Once everything is decided upon, send over contracts detailing exactly what’s going down between the two companies—this may include sending samples at first just so everyone is happy with their product before finalizing anything else!
After this point has passed successfully then all there’s left is maintaining relationships with partners regularly so none of them get bored or lose interest in working together anymore throughout time!
7. Find new customers
Paid advertising is a great way to find new customers, and it’s especially effective if you’re just starting out. When you’re first establishing your brand identity, paid ads are an easy way to get your name out there and let people know what you have to offer.
You can use Facebook ads as well as Google AdWords for this purpose. In both cases, there will be targeted groups of users who have shown interest in related products (i.e., those who like buying fashion jewelry). Think about your target audience and create an ad that appeals directly to them; they’ll be much more likely to buy something from someone they know than from someone they don’t or haven’t heard of before!
Of course, social media advertising isn’t the only option here — there are plenty others worth exploring: email marketing, search engine marketing on Google Search Engine Optimization (SEO), affiliate programs run through Amazon Associates (which pays commissions when referred customers make purchases through its website), content marketing initiatives aimed at building connections with potential buyers through blog posts or videos posted on YouTube channels dedicated specifically towards showcasing products available for sale by various sellers similar yours own store (this could include interviews with other individuals involved in the industry such as designers who specialize solely on making unique pieces made from precious metals such as platinum instead silver which costs less money per ounce but does not last forever like gold does). While these aren’t necessarily direct sales methods themselves – rather
8. Market your products effectively
When it comes to marketing your products, you want to get the most bang for your buck. The best way to do this is by using a variety of promotional methods. Here are few things you can try:
- Use social media. Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest are fantastic ways to build brand recognition and increase traffic on your website. These sites allow you to connect with potential customers through photos and videos as well as share information about new products/promotions that they might be interested in.
- Create a mailing list. Email marketing allows you access directly into their inboxes so that you can promote sales or product launches directly from them rather than going through an intermediary like Facebook or Twitter first which can lead some people away from clicking through links because they don’t trust them enough yet! Also worth mentioning here is how effective newsletters have become over time due mainly due high engagement rates (average around 20%) compared against other types such as social media posts where engagement rates hover around 6%. You should create one at least every quarter so subscribers stay engaged but also don’t forget about old ones either! It’s easy too since most software has templates built-in already so there won’t be any extra work required…just update them each month when needed 🙂
- Use paid advertising such “Facebook Ads” where users pay money upfront before seeing content by clicking on ads shown within feeds like “News Feeds” (which show up in peoples’ timelines). This method works particularly well if there’s something specific being sold (such as jewelry) because it allows us to target exactly who we want without having spend hours searching manually through profiles/pages etcetera – making sure we’re reaching only those people who would actually want what we’re offering.”
The one thing that has kept me and my wife on the right path is being patient.
We know that our business will grow as long as we keep pushing forward with it and don’t give up.
We have made mistakes along the way, but those mistakes have helped us learn from them so that we can avoid making them again in the future.